Winning Remix and Music Video To Be Released Worldwide!
Spearheaded by Global Sound Masters (GSM) Sdn Bhd (Malaysia) in collaboration with In Charge Label (Holland), Music Conference Asia (MC Asia) is a premiere music platform established by GSM to organize music initiatives aimed at raising the standards of the industry in the region, Director of Global Sound Masters Richard Lee shared in his welcome speech.
“We hope to contribute towards the growth of the music community through the nurture of industry creativity and talents in the region. Therefore, we will strive to ensure all music initiatives organised under the Music Conference Asia platform will incorporate the two key features of knowledge transfer, and the opportunity for international showcase.
“As such, our Digital Music Competition is incepted to be the first music competition of its kind to be open to all digital music enthusiasts in Asia and Australasia, amateur and professionals alike, with a guaranteed opportunity for international exposure!” said Lee.
The competition features two categories – producing a remix and producing a music video – for the theme song of MC Asia “SPARK” produced by Canada’s DJ Preach featuring Matthew Ryan on vocals, and will be conducted via the World Wide Web starting 8th September 09 and ending 15th October 2009. Contestants can download their contest pack from the MC Asia website at www.visitmcasia.com and choose to either remix or produce a music video.
The first 500 entries from each category will be assessed by a panel of international judges consisting of DJ Preach, Matthew Ryan, and representatives from In Charge Label and its parent label Be Yourself Music (Holland).
A total of RM18,000 worth of cash and other prizes are up for grabs, and the winning remix and music video will be featured in DJ Preach’s upcoming single “SPARK” to be released by In Charge Records via a worldwide promotional campaign which will include distribution to all major TV channels and over the internet.
“We believe that to further intrigue music creativity, it is very crucial for the music makers to interact with one another and be exposed to productions stemming from various backgrounds and cultures,” Lee added.
“Hence, we are very excited to be working closely with DJ Preach and In Charge Label in this pilot project as we believe that this will be an excellent and effective platform to showcase the valuable, possibly undiscovered, talents we have in Asia and Australasia to the rest of the world.”
The launch of MC Asia-DMC is only the start of an active line-up of events GSM has planned for MC Asia over the next six months. Two MC Asia Music Factories, titled “The Beginning” and “The Creation”, and an MC Asia Summit titled “The Pinnacle” will be held between November 2009 and March 2010.
In an effort to further contribute towards the growth of the music community, Lee also announced that GSM will contribute RM2 for every ticket sold for the Music Factory and MC Asia Summit to a GSM Music Fund. The money collected will go towards the nurturing of new talents in the region. More details on the MC Asia Music Factories, MC Asia Summit and the GSM Music Fund will be released at a later date.
For further information on the competition, and updates for the upcoming events, please log on to www.visitmcasia.com
Overview of MC Asia Digital Music Competition
* There will be two (2) categories in the competition, namely “Remix Contest” and “Music Video Contest”.
* “Remix Contest” – contestant to create an original remix of “SPARK”, MC Asia theme song produced by DJ Preach and Matthew Ryan, based on the individual’s creativity and auditory expression. Need to strictly adhere to the main subject of the original track – the vocal by Matthew Ryan. All genres and style of remixes are welcome.
* “Music Video Contest” – contestant to create an original Music Video for “SPARK”, MC Asia theme song produced by DJ Preach and Matthew Ryan, based on the individual’s creativity and visual expression.
* Contest period is from 8th September 09 to 15th October 2009. To participate:
1. Register at www.visitmcasia.com . A registration fee of RM50 applies.
2. Download “DJ Preach feat Matthew Ryan – SPARK’ contest pack.
3. Submit your completed remix or music video by logging on to your contest account and upload the file, or submit the URL of the entry online.
4. All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm on 15th October 2009. (GMT +8:00)
5. Showcasing or sharing of entries with the public and/or the other contestants, through any means of communications, prior to the official result announcement is prohibited
* Limited to first 500 entries only for each category, and contestants may register to submit more than one (1) entry.
* Participants must be 18 years of age or above, residing in Asia and Australasia.
* Judging will begin on 16th October 2009. Results will be announced latest by 20th November 2009. All decisions made are final and no appeal or correspondence will be entertained.
* Prizes (applies to both category)
1st prize : RM5,000 (worth of cash and prizes) + Feature in “SPARK”
2nd prize : RM3,000 (worth of cash and prizes)
3rd prize : RM1,000 (worth of cash and prizes)
For further information, please log on to www.visitmcasia.com
Event details on the first MC Asia Music Factory “The Beginning”
Event : MC Asia Music Factory – The Beginning
Date : 21 November 2009
Time : 5pm – 3am
Venue : KL Live Centre, No. 20 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Music Workshop & Mentoring Session (I) Presented by DJ Preach on:
“DJ-ing As A Professional Career: The Marketing Strategy”
“Technology vs. Traditional DJ-ing: The Love-hate Relationship”
“Music Production: Knowing Your Tools To Be The ONE!”
Music Workshop & Mentoring Session (II) Presented by Marcel Woods on:
“The Evolution of Music Label: Evolution of Music Labels over the Years”
“Challenges In The Digital Age: New Possibilities and Problems Associated With The Revolution of Digital Music”
“A&R, Artist development and Music Label Promotions”
Music Conference Asia Appreciation Night
International Acts: DJ Preach (Cananda), and Marcel Woods (Netherlands)
Local Acts: DJ Kughe, and Funkomunky
* Please log on to www.visitmcasia.com for more updates on the line-up.