DJ Interview with Yuksek from France
Let’s hear out French DJ, Yuksek, talking about his productions & upcoming releases in 2013. Yuksek will be performing at NYE Party @ Bedroom KL. Yuksek is the founder of Elektricity Festival. You can find out everything in the interview below.
1) Let our readers know more about Elektricity Festival.
It’s a festival I created 10 years ago in my hometown, Reims, with a growing fame and good international line-up on a stage build in front of one of the more beautiful cathedral in France.
2) Tell us your best experiences during collaborations with famous artists.
Most of the time I’m working alone in the studio, having internet talks for the remixes. The ones I met few time was Phoenix, very interesting and clever people!
3) Do you have any good travel tips for our readers?
go where the sun is
4) Tell us more about your latest production.
I released my last album one year ago, and i’m actually having a new collaboration with The magician called PETER & The MAGICIAN, we released 2 ep’s on the french label Kitsuné and will release a new one later this year.
5) When you’re performing what goes through your mind?
Depends, when we play live I’m mainly concentrated on the lyrics and thing to play, while djing I try to feel the people’s vibe to give them the best night!
6) What type of gear and software are you using nowadays?
I’m only using vintage keyboards, Moog, Roland, Korg, etc… recorded trough an old analog desk from UK, Trident audio and everything recorded and sequenced in Logic Audio.
7) What’s your take on today’s dance music scene?
I really like what guys like Poolside, The Magician, Future Classics, Oliver and some stuffs from my homie Brodinski and his Bromance label, Gesaffelstein…
8) What are your plans for the coming year?
I’ll be releasing a new single around march, I’m also starting a label and I produced some new artist like “Juveniles” first album coming in april.