H-Artistry KL 2013 Exclusive: Jochen Miller Interview
A post event H-Artistry exclusive interview with Jochen Miller, recently performed at the super-clubbing event at MIECC Kuala Lumpur.
1. What does it feel like to be part of H-Artistry this round in Malaysia?
It feels amazing to be part of this innovative concept, and I always love to come to Malaysia. The people make me feel very welcome each time I’m there, so it’s something I look forward to for weeks…
2. What comes to mind when you hear the term “The Global Art of Mixing”?
Well, I love the fact that H-Artistry brings artists from different cultures and musical backgrounds together for one super-clubbing experience, and I’m very happy to be added to this mix on November 2nd!
3. Who were some of your influences when you started DJ-ing? And what keeps you motivated at all times?
When I started DJ-ing I was influenced by some of my own heroes of that time, such as Tiesto. At first I was only DJ-ing but then I started to see the joy guys like Tiesto must feel when the track you put on that sets of the crowd is your own, so I started to learn how to produce music as well. That is still one of my biggest motivations, the feeling when you introduce your new track on an event and you see the crowd go wild to it. So the weekends I know I’ll be playing new material are always the weekends I look forward to most.
4. What’s your favourite tune of all time?
That’s very difficult since there have been so many wonderful productions by so many talented artists for such a long time. Choosing one of those would be selling all the others short.
5. What is the best/worst part of being a deejay?
The best part is being able to show my love for music to big audiences and get people smiling by doing so. It brings great satisfaction to know you contributed to someone else having memorable night. The worst part if any is probably the year-round jetlag, but that’s only a small price to pay.
6. How would you define your “style” during a stage performance?
My style of music is fresh, melodic but most of all always very energetic. My style of performing is energetic is well, I love to party together with everyone attending the event.
7. You have such amazing confidence with so many successful singles and tracks. Do you have any tips on how other people can be more confident?
As long as you stay true to yourself, and know the music you’re representing is the music you love, confidence will come from the simple fact that you feel happy and blessed to be able to do what you love most.
8. You have performed all around the world. Can you please share with us which city is your favourite performing spot? Why?
That can’t be narrowed down to one city alone! Every city has it’s own charm. And each crowd is there for the same reason, to experience a night we’ll never forget, and just be absorbed by the music for a couple of hours. So to pick only one city is impossible.
9. What are your future plans with regard to your career/music?
At the moment I’m working on new material, both original releases and collaborations with other artists I’ve met on tour with whom I felt a musical connection. And of course I plan to keep on touring, it’s what I love most!
10. What can the audiences expect from you during your performance at H-Artistry Malaysia?
The energetic sounds they know me for, and they can be sure we’ll have a blast together, we’ll be mixing it up alright ;-))