Kuala Lumpur Nightlife & The City That Never Sleeps
Kuala Lumpur, the capital city of Malaysia, is a place filled with beautiful skyscrapers and architecture, unique cuisine, and friendly locals. It is divided into a number of districts, each showing a different side of the city. This place is perfect for those who are looking for fun and unique daytime and nightlife escapades. Here are some suggestions on accommodations you can get and places you can visit in the city of contrast and diversity with our best travel guide and tips, places to visit in Kuala Lumpur and nightlife guide in this blog.
We only list down a few of the popular Kuala Lumpur tourist attractions and places to go below, feel free to check out our full list of popular attractions in Kuala Lumpur when you’re travelling around in the city.
Sights to see in Kuala Lumpur
Petronas Twin Towers
– Aside from being the tallest twin towers in the world, this building also features a sky bridge that allows tourists to get a wonderful view of the city skyline. This is a tourist spot that you really shouldn’t miss.
– The KL Tower is part of the top 10 tallest freestanding buildings in the world. This tower has a Skydeck which offers a great view of the city, including the Petronas Towers. If you want to take your viewing experience up a notch, you can try their Skybox, which is a glass box that gives you an amazing view of the city literally under your feet.
– This limestone cave is home to many temples – and monkeys. When visiting this place, be sure to prepare yourself to climb a number of steps to get inside the cave itself.
National Mosque of Malaysia
– The National Mosque of Malaysia isn’t only a venue for worship, but also a place filled with intricate architectural and interior design. Tourists can enter for free but must wear the appropriate attire which can be borrowed at the entrance of the mosque.
– Merdeka Square – which literally means Independence Square – is a place filled with beautiful architectural buildings that bring you back in time. It also has an area that shows the pictures and short biographies of their leaders. If you look up from this square, you will see the Malaysian flag right above you.
– This monument gives honour to those who fought and died for Malaysia’s freedom from the Japanese.
– This is the official residence of Malaysia’s monarch. Tourists can only see it from afar, and the closest you can get is at the palace’s gate.
Where to shop in Kuala Lumpur
– This is a high-end mall in Kuala Lumpur that offers a huge selection of international brands.
Sunway Putra Shopping Center
– If you want to shop at a less-crowded place that still has high-end brands, then Sunway Putra Mall is the one for you. Its colourful outer glass windows also make it an eye candy and a good place for photos.
Jalan Petaling Street
– Petaling Street is a famous shopping area in Chinatown. Here you will find a ton of affordable products – from bags, clothes, beauty products, and souvenirs. There are also a lot of street foods and hawker centres nearby to fill your empty stomach after all that shopping.
Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur isn’t only fun during the day. At night, the city transforms into a place full of entertainment and a few drinks. Most discos, bars, and clubs in the city are located in non-Muslim areas. To experience the nightlife in KL, you can head to the districts of Bukit Bintang, Sultan Ismail, Bangsar, and Ampang. Here are some unique clubs and bars you can visit:
Zouk Club Kuala Lumpur
– This bar and nightclub established in 2004 have been a famous spot for tourists to enjoy music from local and international DJs. They have a super club that hosts epic parties like Mambo Jambo Wednesday nights or Ghetto Heaven Tuesdays.
– The Sky Bar is a popular cocktail lounge located on the 33rd floor of Traders Hotel in KLCC. The bar offers a stunning view of the Petronas Towers. It also has a narrow pool as a centrepiece. If you want to grab a few drinks after visiting the Twin Towers, there is a free shuttle to Traders Hotel from 8:30 to 10:30 PM.
Heli Lounge Bar
– This is a unique bar in Kuala Lumpur that transformed a helipad into a lively nightlife spot. Heli Lounge Bar is located on the 34th floor of Menara KH and can only be accessed through the stairs. During the day, the helipad is still in use, but on sundown, it becomes a drinking lounge filled with music from local DJs.
Ranging from clubs, live music acts and show performances, you named it, she has it. This ultimate nightlife tips will guide you through the best places to hang out in the city. Kuala Lumpur is always resplendent when it comes to night life activities. The most popular nightlife hotspots here are located in Golden Triangles, Jalan Changkat Bukit Bintang and in Bangsar. Beach Club which is located at Jalan P. Ramlee, provides live music performances in its uniquely open-air environment.
With the international DJs from around the world performed on the DJ decks, this is the place you must not miss out when you’re in Kuala Lumpur. Jalan Changkat Bukit Bintang houses pubs, bars and clubs with no entry fee or cover charges. Just buy a drink, you can sit down and enjoy the music! Looking for more things to do in KL at night? Club hopping might help. This is where you visit from clubs to clubs to find out about the DJs, the music and a whole new clubbing experience.
Watch sexy dancers on stage and enjoy the best music are what to expect here. You can easily find all types of music genre. Zouk Club, Fuze Club, SkyBar are some of the popular clubs in Kuala Lumpur that you can check out on weekdays or weekends.
Check out for more dance clubs and bars available in Kuala Lumpur in our dance club listing.
Nightlife in Bangsar becomes alive on weekdays and weekends. The clubs and bars along Jalan Telawi are the most current clubbing hotspots for those who love DJs, R&B, Hip Hop, House and electronic music. Check out for more upcoming clubbing parties, events and gigs in the future. For hotels and accommodations, check out Hotel Guide in KL.
Where to stay
– This is located in Chinatown and is a perfect place for backpackers looking for very affordable accommodations. It offers a simple room with a bed, just enough to get some rest and then head out again during the day.
Regalia Residences (via Airbnb)
– This is a condominium that has an infinity pool that offers an amazing view of the city and the Petronas Twin Towers. It is also very affordable and is situated near the Sunway Putra Mall and the MTR.
Traders Hotel by Shangri-La
– For those with a bigger budget, Traders Hotel is a lovely place you can stay in to get the perfect view of the Twin Towers. The hotel is located behind the towers, so there is less obstruction of your view. It is also situated in the best location since it is near a lot of tourist spots. The hotel also has an underground LRT to make it easier for guests to go around.
Last but not least, you can find tons of interesting KL travel guide videos, introducing what to see, do and eat in Kuala Lumpur city.
List of Popular Activities & Attractions in Phuket
- Petronas Twin Towers
- Genting Highlands
- Batu Caves
- Suria KLCC Shopping Mall
- Pavilion KL Shopping Mall
- New MRT Ride
- Aquaria KLCC
- National Museum
- Bukit Bintang
- Changkat Bukit Bintang
- Sunway Lagoon
- Zouk Club
- Jalan P. Ramlee
- Beach Club
- Jalan Alor
- Night Markets (Pasar Malam)
- SkyBar @ Traders Hotel
- TREC Kuala Lumpur
Despite its relatively small size, the city of Kuala Lumpur definitely has a lot to offer for tourists during both day and night. It is surely a place that must be on every travellers’ list due to the amazing culture and experience one can get from visiting this city with our travel guide and tips. If you’re looking to visit other cities for it’s happening night life and attractions in Malaysia, Johor Bahru, Penang and Genting are the next cities to be included in your travel checklist.