Malaysia’s Next Top DJ Found @ Heineken Thirst 2011
Kuala Lumpur – As Heineken Thirst comes back to life on December 10, 2011 at the Sepang International Circuit, the nation’s leading music and lifestyle festival is on the lookout for Malaysia’s next top DJ in their DJ competition called Heineken Found @ Thirst.
After discovering Phil K Lee, one of the brightest local stars to hit the local music scene, the competition returns for its second year designed to discover and nurture the next generation of music and creative talent in Malaysia. This year the competition runs from 7 October to 17 November 2011. [pullquote_right]Search for the nation’s great DJ to play at Heineken Thirst[/pullquote_right]
Since his victory at Found @ Thirst in 2010, Phil K Lee won the coveted prize to become the first Malaysian to play inside the Godskitchen Boombox at Heineken Thirst last year. He has also hosted his own Heineken Green Space, played a number of regional and international sets and taken an inspirational trip to the UK to experience leading music festival – Global Gathering.
“Working with artists and creatives who have a passion for music and a thirst for life is an ideal way for the brand to give back to the local music and art scenes as well as stimulating experimentation and innovation and exposing its consumers to new ways to enjoy and experience music. It’s also about building platforms where local talent can perform alongside major international stars as equals”, said Jasmine Foong, Heineken Malaysia’s marketingmanager.
This year the winner of Found @ Thirst will receive one of the best prize packages in the Malaysia:
• RM10,000 in cash
• Perform alongside international DJ(s) at Heineken Thirst 2011
• Production training at Mile High Sounds, one of the nation’s top DJ and music academy
• Host their own Heineken Green Space, an exclusive private party organized for them by Heineken team of music experts
1. Upload your 20-minute audio mix to an audio hosting site like Soundcloud (http://soundcloud.com) and add the URL to your Found @ Thirst entry form.
2. Found @ Thirst wants to see you in action! So upload a 10-minute video mix of you inaction to a video hosting site like YouTube (www.youtube.com) and add the URL to your Found @ Thirst entry form. [We’re not looking for professional footage – you can film it onyour hand-phone or any other video-equipped device].
3. Log onto www.heineken.com.my, download and fill in the entry form together with URL links to your audio and video mix then email it to [email protected]
To enter you need to be over 18 years of age and be resident in Malaysia, and you should not hold down a full-time job as a DJ, play a weekly or monthly club or bar residency or have previously won a DJ competition.
The top finalists will be invited to perform in front of expert judges at the Found @ Thirst final at a KL venue in November. They’ll battle it out live in front of a crowd of media and industry influencers, not to mention their own friends and Heineken’s music fans to find out if they have what it takes to be Found @ Thirst.
For more information on Heineken Thirst and Found @ Thirst, be sure to check out www.facebook.com/Heineken